In today’s internet landscape, it is absolutely essential that all businesses, large and small; incorporate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) into their marketing strategy. This article will help explain exactly why you need an SEO strategy, what is included in an SEO marketing strategy, and also how to create an SEO strategy.
Why You Need an SEO Strategy
Simply put, there is much more to SEO than simply adding keywords to your website. Just like any business, marketing, or sales plan, you need to carefully consider; and plan out your approach to search engine optimization. Search engines are now primarily focused on providing their users with search results that best match their intent, as well as content that will provide the best, most complete answer to their questions.
What is Included in a Search Engine Optimization Strategy
Technical SEO – Technical SEO refers to the optimization strategies you take to make sure that search engines can effectively crawl your site. Technical SEO should be built into your website and it includes: making sure you use SSL, ensuring your site is mobile-friendly, keeping your content unique, ensuring you have a clear site structure, making sure your site loads quickly, and creating an XML sitemap to submit to search engines. We will discuss Technical SEO even further in a future article.
Onsite SEO – Your website needs to be optimized for SEO on a meta and a micro level. The best place to start applying onsite SEO strategies is to make sure you have a clear hierarchy on your site. This was briefly mentioned in our technical SEO section, but it bears repeating. Your site needs to have a clear, logical structure if you want it to be properly crawled by search engines.
How to Create an SEO Strategy
When you are just beginning to develop your SEO Strategy for your website, there are some basic steps worth following. Please note: these primarily pertain on onsite SEO, especially since your technical SEO should already have been addressed when you set up your site. When you create a new page or post, or are updating a current page/post, we suggest you follow these steps to ensure they are SEO-friendly:
SEO Friendly Steps
- Find a Great Keyword. It will take you a bit of time to fully develop your keyword research strategy, but it is a crucial first step. Many businesses will utilize a paid keyword search tool to help them identify the best keyword for their purposes. Your overall goal will be to find a keyword that has a high Click Through Rate (CTR) that you also have the possibility of ranking for.
- Analyze Your Competition. After you’ve picked your keyword(s), search for it yourself, and analyze the results on Google’s first page. What is similar about the top 10 results; are there additional keywords they are using that you could use as well? How can you make your content stand out among those top 10?
- Diversity and Improve. The best way to outrank the sites that make the first page of Google search results is to either create something different or better or both. Brainstorm ways you can diversify your content and make it even better than what’s currently available.
- Write a Memorable Meta Description. Users will not click through to your website if you don’t have a memorable meta description with a good call to action (CTA).
- Leverage Onsite SEO. Within your page/article, you’ll need to include relevant internal links and have a keyword-focused URL
SEO Strategy Overview
This is a brief overview of search engine marketing strategies. SEO can be a very challenging concept to grasp, and even more difficult to master. Many businesses large and small, leverage web optimization services and SEO consultant services to help them improve their search rankings. When you leverage the professional SEO services from All Contractor Marketing, you can ensure that you are receiving top-notch, custom SEO, and web marketing services that will drive traffic to your site. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business grow.