Use Social Media Sites to Recruit and Hire the Best Candidates
If you want to know how many leads your social media strategy has produced, all you need to do is ask your marketing department. But – what if you want to know how many recruitment leads your strategy has produced. That’s another question altogether. Although you might be wary of using social media to recruit job candidates, it can be a great tool if you use it properly. Learn more about hiring with social media by reading below.
Why You Should Use Social Media in Your Recruitment Process
- Social media can help you market your company to a wide range of candidates, as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc. all cater to different audiences.
- You’ll be able to learn more about your candidate’s personality – this can help you determine if they’ll fit into your organization’s culture and if their work history matches what they’ve included in their social media profiles.
- Social media is a free tool that can help you reach the right candidates.
- Using Social media can help you find candidates passively since many job seekers use social media to look for potential employers.
- Social media can help showcase your brand to potential clients. It will allow you to show them what your organization’s mission and values are.
Keys to Recruiting the Best Candidates Through Social Media
If you’re ready to start recruiting candidates through social media, there are several things you need to think about to make sure you’re successful:
- Carefully Develop Your Strategy – Without a well-developed social media recruitment strategy, you can waste a lot of time and resources. As you develop your social media recruitment strategy, consider these questions:
- What is your current social media presence? The first thing you should do is to assess your organization’s social media presence.
- What are your specific, measurable goals? You also need to ask yourself what your SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timely) goals are.
- What will your recruitment tactics be? You will need to develop different approaches depending on the role you’re hiring for. You’ll use different tactics to recruit an office manager and another set to recruit an HVAC service technician.
- Choose Your Platform(s) Wisely – There are several social media sites these days and each is used more often by different groups. When you’ve determined exactly what your current presence is and what your SMART goals are, you’ll be able to choose the social media sites that are best suited for your recruiting needs.
A wide range of businesses leverage LinkedIn and Facebook to build brand awareness and recruit highly-skilled employees. If you have questions about how LinkedIn, or other social media sites, can benefit your recruitment efforts, give the experts at All Contractor Marketing a call!
- Put Your Best Foot Forward – When you use social media, for marketing or also recruitment, it’s essential that you showcase what your company is truly about; it’s values and its mission. Readers want to know that your organization is trustworthy, has a solid reputation, and is also approachable. Social media is not the place for a hard sell or spammy tactics.
When you use social media to recruit future employees, we always recommend you:
- Leverage Social Shares – encourage your current employees to share your recruitment posts. There’s a good chance they are already acquainted with someone who would be a perfect fit.
- Build Relationships – social media is really about building relationships with current and also potential clients and prospects. Be sure you engage in industry-related discussions in Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
- Mutual Connections – if you’re interested in recruiting someone with whom you share a mutual connection, ask that connection to introduce you. It’ll go even further than an unsolicited direct message. If you don’t have a mutual connection, that’s ok! You can still message them; you’ll just want to make sure your approach is more personal and less spammy.
Create Your Social Media Recruitment Messaging – Hiring With Social Media
Once you’ve come up with your SMART goals and a solid strategy for recruiting via social media, it’s time to develop your messaging. You need to carefully consider who your ideal candidate is and then also think about how to effectively reach them. We’ve put together some questions to think about as you begin to draft your messaging:
- What traits does your ideal candidate have? What are their interests, motivations, and hobbies?
- How does your company’s brand fit in with those passions and hobbies?
- What specific benefits and other perks do you offer that your ideal candidate should know about?
- What social media site(s) is the best place to meet your ideal candidate?
- How do other companies in your niche recruit employees on these sites? What appears to be working for them? What would you do differently? How can you set your company apart from competitors?
Constantly Evaluate and Refine Your Tactics
The best way to gain success in the social media realm is to be willing to do your research. You must also consistently refine your messaging and tactics. When you work with All Contractor Marketing on your social media strategy, and your social media recruitment strategy, you’ll learn the tools you need to be successful in your efforts.
Part of experimenting with social media recruitment is to find out which platforms work best for your specific goals. We find most of our clients use Facebook and LinkedIn to post jobs. But you may also find success on other channels. Focus on the platforms that work best for your business. Don’t be afraid to change your approach if you find out that something isn’t quite working.
All Contractor Marketing – Your Social Media Recruitment Partner
Becoming proficient in social media marketing and social media recruitment can take a lot of time, but it’s absolutely worth it. Having a winning social media marketing strategy can bring you more business than you ever thought possible and the right recruitment strategy can help you identify and retain high-quality employees. Hiring with social media has never been easier.
Hiring With Social Media – All Contractor Marketing
All Contractor Marketing is here to help every step of the way. Whether you’re simply looking for a consultation or you want to completely hand over your marketing efforts to us, we’re ready to help your business succeed. Call us today to learn more!